Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Reminiscence: Danish Zafran

I counted days to the day he was born.
Imagining how his smile would be.
How his laughter would have sounded like.
How his cries would be.
How it would feel like holding him in my arms.
And when that day finally comes, i never came.
I've always wanted to see him.
I wanted to see the look of the child that i had been waiting for.
Since the day he was born. I never got the chance.
I never knew how he looked like.
I never heard what he sounded like.
But i felt like i knew him.
By the name of Syeikh.
What they imagined he would grow up to be.
How they said he seldom cried.
How they tell me he'd always smile.
Then there was an sms i never get to read. Year 2006.
One i received but deleted by accident b4 reading.
Little did i know the sms was important as hell.
And till today i regretted not replying to the message that 'never got to me'.
Danish Zafran.
That was my only chance. My one and only chance to see him.
Once. Just once. And it would have stayed with me forever.
The one i've always hoped to see.
Now i'll never get to see.
That was the message telling me he was gone.
Gone forever. That message 'that never got to me'.
I missed it. Again.
Hence i've missed it. Forever now.
But recently, i got to see a video of him.
One that keeps repeating itself.
With that song.
That song: Ariq... Namamu terukir di hatiku;
dikau pengubat rindu di kala hati sendu;
Ariq... Kehadiranmu membawa makna
tapi mengapa hanya seketika.. oo..oo
That song.
The song.

No comments: